Characterised by a country-style atmosphere, picturesque hilly roads and an established arts scene, Eltham is a Melbourne suburb like no other. Given its close proximity to regular farmers markets and the Yarra Valley wine region, it is also no surprise that this beautiful suburb has a thriving food scene – and leading the pack is popular all day diner Third Chapter Eltham. Here are five reasons why locals often fill this 200-seater venue to full capacity:
1. Convenient location: Third Chapter is located in the heart of Eltham, just short walk away from the railway station and amenities such as supermarkets, banks and major bus stops. If you commute into town daily for work, Third Chapter is an ideal location to stop by for a no-fuss dinner on the way home, allowing you to take a break from the kitchen for the night.
2. Family-friendly environment and hospitality: This eatery is the third opened by Kevin Cortesao and his family, hence the name Third Chapter. As a veteran in the Melbourne hospitality scene, Cortesao is passionate about providing a warm and inviting environment at Third Chapter complemented by knowledgeable and helpful staff.
3. Delicious mains: If its menu is anything to go by, Third Chapter is far removed from your average suburban café. For example, there is a chargrilled Black Angus rump espetada, a beef skewer dish inspired by Cortesao’s Portuguese background. There’s also a chicken and camembert risotto with spinach, pumpkin and roasted pine nuts as well as a herb crumbed free-range chicken schnitzel parma with house-made Napoli sauce and beer battered chips, Third Chapter’s modern spin on the classic pub staple. Fact: most of the dishes are lovingly made in-house from scratch, including pies and cakes.
4. Grazing options: Prefer to nibble on smaller plates? Third Chapter has your snacking options covered from 11:30am til late in the evening. Choose from gently pan-seared vegetarian wontons or Mt Zero olives, house marinated in rosemary and orange. For something more substantial, a variety of meat and cheese platters are available. Serving suggestion: with a glass of Victorian red or two.
5. Available for functions: Seating up to 200 diners, Third Chapter’s spacious interior is the perfect venue for private celebrations, work functions or simply an excuse for a party! For function enquiries, simply call the team on (03) 9439 9514.
Third Chapter Eltham
26 Commercial Place
Eltham VIC 3095
For more information or bookings, call (03) 9439 9514
Open seven days a week from 7am.